1. The long flight is made bearable by flying on Air New Zealand (current winner of World’s best airline) and, once arrived, we whisk you away from the airport to your hotel in Auckland. Ater a shower and quick turn-round, everyone is usually keen to get on with the sightseeing, so an orientation walk & picnic in ‘the domain’, and a look around the winter gardens, Albert Park, Sky Tower, etc follows.
2. The next day, we visit Mt Eden for city views, then down to the cathedrals, museum and the delightful seaside suburb of Devonport, with a boat ride across the bay to return to the hotel.
3. A trip to Waitakere and a walk to Kite Kite Falls, and in the Piha beach area, including the stunning Lion Rock and Te Wahe viewpoints.
4. En route south, we visit Waitomo caves and go on a Waitomo river-side walk. We then travel to Rotorua, where we have a traditional Hangi evening.
5. In the morning we have a visit to Te Puia, the Agrodome and Rainbow Springs. In the afternoon, we go on the ‘Green & Blue lakes’ walk.
6. En route south, we visit the amazing Aratiatia Dam, then walk to Huka Falls along the river. We then continue the walk along the Waikato river into Taupo, to be picked up by the bus to Turangi.
7. Today we walk in the Whakapapa area, seeing Silica Rapids, ‘Mount Doom’ and the Tongariro River.
8. This time we walk to the Upper Tama Lakes, returning via Taranaki Falls.
9. An early start sees us en route to Wellington and crossing the Cook Straits to the South Island and the pretty resort of Picton.
10. We walk to Queen Charlotte View then visit the famous Montana winery for a tour and tastings (very popular), before going on to our next hotel in St Arnaud.
11. A fabulous walking day, either on the lakeside or up the Pinchgut Track to the aptly named ‘Relax’ shelter at the top of the mountain with fabulous views over Lake Rotoiti.
12. A spectacular transfer day via Murcheson, Punakaiki & pancake rocks, Hokitikafor lunch, and the awesome Franz Josef glacier to Fox Glacier village.
13. Today we take in iconic views of Lake Matheson 0840-1020 (hopefully with fantastic clear views & reflection of Mt Cook), a walk on Gillespies Beach and aglacier valley walk to Fox Glacier snout. After dinner, we even find time to do the Minehaha glow-worm walk (with torches as back-up!).
14. En route to Queenstown, we visit a salmon farm, see views at Knights point, visitthe Haast Visitor Centre, walk to the Davis Flats, travel via Lake Hawea & Cadronapass and still find time for ice creams & drinks at Makorora.
15. A walk up Queenstown Hill and a further walk up Mt Crichton walk makes for a splendid day.
16. An amazing walk from Moke Lake, through a quiet valley via Sefferstown toArthurs Point Bridge.
17. A Free day! Many indulge in a boat trip on the lake, some go for the adrenaline rides on the Shotover River, and some climb Ben Lomond.
18. En route south to Te Anau, we spectate at the famous AJ Hackett bungy bridge, then visit Arrowtown for a riverside walk, and finally visit Te Anau Visitor Centre to watch a scene-setting film about Fiordland.
19. What a day! We drive to Milford Sound via superb views, with stops at Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, and the Chasm. Arrive at Milford Sound for a wonderful two hour cruise with great views of Mitre Peak, Dolphins & seals.
20. This day offers a walk from Rainbow Reach to the Control Gates – part of the Kepler Track.
21. The trip north starts here. We travel via Kingston and Cromwell to Omarama, taking in a walk to Clay Cliffs before dinner.
22. Another memorable day – to Mt Cook village. Fantastic views of Mt Cook and a walk up the Hooker Valley . Drinks at Old Mountaineers Café.
23. Drive to Tekapo for a walk up Mt John for coffee at the Astro Café & a loop of summit. To Geraldine for lunch and then on to Christchurch.
24. An orientation walk into Christchurch to the museum, followed by a walk to Godley Head with more amazing views up the coast.
25. A free day for sightseeing, before saying goodbye to New Zealand after another fabulous tour!